Not only is video marketing one of the most powerful marketing strategies in the marketplace today, but most importantly you can start using this strategy today for absolutely free!
Why Use Video Marketing?
If you’re not already using video marketing, I highly suggest you add it to your marketing arsenal as soon as you’re done reading this brief article. Here’s a few reasons why?
1. YouTube is the 2nd most visited website in the world! Although there are tons of other video sharing sites such as Viddler, Vimeo and several others, Google bought YouTube because they started to surpass them because people would rather watch a video to learn something on YouTube versus reading it on Google.
2. More video content is uploaded to YouTube in a 60 day period than the three major U.S. television networks created in 60 years.
3. The average YouTube user spends between 15 and 25 minutes a day on the site.
4. As of February 2011, YouTube has 490 million unique users worldwide per month, who accumulate an estimated 92 billion page views each month. We spend around 2.9 billion hours on YouTube in a month – over 325,000 years. And those stats are just for the main YouTube website – they don’t incorporate embedded videos or video watched on mobile devices.
The Myths of Video Marketing?
Most people avoid this powerful strategy because they have bought into 2 myths that they have heard from other people. The first myth is that video marketing is expensive.
The reason that people think this is because they think you have to go get the cameras and video editing software that cost thousands of dollars. The think that you have the professional mics, green screens and all of the other expensive equipment that they see people use. They only tools that you need to start implementing video today is….
1. A HD Camera- This can be either a Flip Cam (Which is less than $200) or you can use a Webcam which you can get for less than $40.
2. Video Editing Software- You can use FREE video editing software such as Windows Movie Maker for PC Users and iMovie for MAC users.
3. Video Syndication Tool- Last but not least, you need some video of video syndication tool so that you can automatically upload your videos to multiple video sharing sites with just the click of a button. You can use a tool called, Tube Mogul for FREE or you can use Traffic Geyser for a small investment.
12 Powerful Video Marketing Tips Revealed
As you can see, if you’re not using video marketing you’re leaving millions of dollars on the table. Now that you know “Why” you should be implementing this strategy, I’m going to now show you the “How” to effectively use video in 10 Simple Strategies:
1. Getting The Right Equipment- We talked about the right video Equipment, but for a quick recap, you’re going to need a flip cam and/or web cam, editing software, syndication tool, tripod (if necessary) and also lighting (if necessary).
2. Choose Keywords- Most people skip this very important step. It’s a must that you choose search engine friendly keywords and all that means, is that you want to target keywords that your target market is searching on Google. A great FREE Keyword Research tool you can use is the Google External Keyword Tool (Make Sure You Search “Exact Match”).
3. Brainstorm Title & Content- Make sure your title and your title is powerful, catchy, includes your keyword, the benefit of watching your video and it piques curiosity. You can also use a question as the title, for example, “Is Video Marketing Effective?” Most importantly for your content, make sure that you stay on subject, because “Relevancy” is very important to ranking in the search engines.
4. Outline Keypoints- All experts use this strategy when teaching or presenting any topic: “Tell Your Audience What You’re Going To Tell Them, Tell Them & Then Tell Them What You Told Them.
5. 15-30 Second Hook- Be sure to get straight to the point and let your audience know what value they will be getting from watching your video. You want to create curiosity and entice them within the first 15-30 seconds to watch the full video. A good statement that you could use is, “Here’s What I Will BE Giving You!’
6. Eye Contact- Look directly into the camera the entire time. Eye contact builds trust and shows confidence. People do business with people they Know, Like & Trust. And as you know, they world loves a confident person.
7. BE YOURSELF & TRANSPARENT! As I said earlier, “People do business with people they Know, Like & Trust.” Be the authentic you in all of your videos. Don’t try to be too professional if that’s not you. If you have kids, it’s OK to have them in your videos. You basically want to portray your genuine lifestyle. Proof that this works is the growing popularity of Reality TV Shows.
8. Call To Action- At the end of your video you must have a clear “Call To Action.” All this means is that you must tell them what to do next. Whether it’s to click a link, visit or blog, capture page etc.
9. Edit Video- This isn’t nothing to fancy. You may just want to put the “Call To Action” in the credits and/or caption to reinforce it.
10. Upload To YouTube- Make sure you manually upload your video to YouTube because if they sense you’re using automated software they will shutdown your account. This Is Very Important!
11. Syndication Domination- Last but certainly not least, upload your video to your video syndication tool of choice and syndicate it to multiple video sharing sites with a click of a button.
12. Wash & Repeat- You don’t want to just do this strategy for a week and quit, like most people. Success is all about taking MASSIVE ACTION over an extended period of time. I challenge you to do this 12 step process for at least the next 90 Days and I guarantee you’re going to see MASSIVE RESULTS and become a Video Marketing Master!!!
To learn more about video marketing, read below and click the link for more information.